How To Upgrade Your Engagement Ring
1. Evaluate Your Style
There are a lot of choices (maybe too many!), so here are some invaluable tips:
- Swap a smooth band for a pave band.
- Swap a round diamond for an emerald cut one.
- Keep the same look but upgrade the carat weight.
- Incorporate all the original stones and metal into a brand new setting.
2. Get An Appraisal on Your Current Ring
Before you make any alterations, be sure to have your existing ring appraised (learn more about that here). It’s important to know the value ahead of time so you can get the most for it. It will also help you to determine if you want to trade your ring in, or put it on consignment. Trading-in a ring means you’ll get cash faster but may not get as much for it. Consigning a ring means you will have to wait for it to sell, but will get more cash in the end.
3. Decide on Your Budget
Know your allowance before you make any adjustments. Carat weight and type of metal used will affect the price the most. Our staff can help you work within your budget to attain the look you like. Many have found that adding gemstones around the original center stone is the ideal way of making a considerable change to a ring at a fraction of the cost.